The Mission and Purpose of the McLean Auxiliary
Since 1972, the McLean Auxiliary has provided life enhancement support to McLean residents, patients, families and staff.
The McLean Auxiliary is a group of volunteers dedicated to supporting the quality of life and wellness for McLean residents, patients and clients. From the beautiful gift shop with something for everyone, to annual fundraisers, and numerous
activities with and for residents, the McLean Auxiliary is an integral part of the McLean family. Anyone can join the Auxiliary – current and former employees, residents, families of residents, friends and neighbors.
The McLean Auxililary is financially supported by membership dues, fundraisers and the Gift Shop. The Auxiliary awards grants annually to support residents' services and quality of life activities. Grants are given for residents' special needs (such as haircuts, personal items, eyeglasses), therapeutic recreation music, craft and entertainment programs as well as equipment that enhances patient care.
- All volunteer run Gift Shop
- Membership socials
- Bake Sale
- Casino Games for residents
- NEW**Dining Room Holiday Flower arranging with residents
- May Day and Veterans Day Flowers for all Health Center residents
- Holiday Gift Wrapping for residents
- Art Lounge (different artist each month)
- Strawberry Festival awarding annual Grants and Scholarship
- NEW**Angel Hearts Gifts - Valentine gifts for all residents
- Scholarship program
- NEW**Artists Reception for Residents
The First Angel Hearts Gifts
On February 14th each resident of the Health Center received a small gift.
The gifts were something the resident had asked for and those "wishes"
were place on the Angel Heart Tree.
Friends, auxiliary members and staff took those "wishes" and donated the items.
So many items were donated that all residents received more than one item!
The McLean Auxiliary relies upon its membership for charitable support and the contribution of time. To become an Auxiliary Member, fill out our application.
Auxiliary Upcoming Events
- The Spring Auxiliary Newsletter will be coming to all members in April.
- Casino Games April 25th. Volunteers are always welcome to help at this fun event!
- May Day Flowers. May 1st
- And save the date for the McLean Auxiliary Annual Meeting and Strawberry Festival
June 5, 2017!
Welcome to The McLean Auxiliary Gift Shop
The McLean Auxiliary Gift Shop is for one-stop shopping. We guarantee you’ll find something for someone you love — and you, too!
Even better, your purchase is a gift that keeps on giving. The store is run entirely by volunteers and purchases support a multitude of activities and needs for McLean residents through the Auxiliary.
Seasonal delights are also available. The shop is located in the lobby of the McLean Health Center and open daily.
The hours are:
- Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Gift Shop please contact the Auxiliary at McLean.Auxiliary@mcleancare.org or through the Auxiliary voicemail 860.658.3710.
The McLean Auxiliary Annual Scholarship Award
The McLean Auxiliary awards an annual scholarship in the amount of $1,500. For specifics regarding candidate qualifications and application process, click here.
The McLean Auxiliary Board Members
Maria Babicki Lucian Cascio Alayna Clark
Angela Cleveland Lorraine Daigle Marge Diachenko
Vickie Dirienzo Judy Fitzgerald Pat Gallagher
Judy Goff Rebecca May Helen Molstad
Connie Norstrom Rita Rozantes Jane Stevenson