Offering: The Atwater.
The Atwater Memory Care Assisted Living at McLean offers memory support in a personal setting. Care is designed to allow residents to live each day in a stimulating environment designed for their own unique cognitive needs. Our program features:
- Family-focused memory care
- Life enriching programming
- Restaurant-style dining with three meals daily
Recognizing that those with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia deserve an enriching, fulfilling life, McLean created The Atwater. Located in a separate neighborhood within the McLean Assisted Living Center, The Atwater provides the environment and the lifestyle those with memory loss deserve . . . and, it provides their families with the security and peace of mind they need.
Our Community . . . Encouraging Openness & Choice.
Unlike most traditional memory care communities, we believe in a less inhibiting approach to care . . . The Atwater provides an environment that encourages openness and choice rather than a closed, locked unit. Our design and approach, coupled with cutting-edge monitoring technology, empowers residents to lead an engaging and fulfilling lifestyle in a secure, barrier-free environment.
Life at The Atwater Includes:
- A small, intimate neighborhood where residents bond, share and enjoy a family feeling
- Specially educated Care Partners who genuinely care for the residents they serve as they provide care, engagement and stimulation
- A Program Director with extensive experience in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- A Wellness Nurse oversees daily care and supervises the specific plan of care for each resident
Our Lifestyle . . . Familiar, Comfortable, Active.
- The routine comforts and familiar joys that reassure and help make each day a good day
- Residents’ individual preferences are as important as hands-on care
- Meaningful, personalized programs that recognize residents’ passions
- Participation in daily routines of neighborhood life
- Comfortable Country Kitchen and family-style dining encourages engagement and healthy eating
- Active family participation