Quality & Patient Satisfaction
For information on these measures and which are most important, visit www.medicare.gov and look for the search tools. You will find comparisons for Nursing Homes and for Home Health agencies and explanations of the indicators.
McLean doesn't just say we're good - we constantly measure quality data and patient satisfaction… our acknowledgements include:
- McLean's nursing home has an excellent reputation, strong quality measures and is in the top 10% of the nation in patient and family satisfaction.
- McLean is a 5 Star Nursing Home according to the data released May 2012 by Medicare. It is the only nursing home in the Farmington Valley and West Hartford to earn the top rating of 5 Stars for Overall Quality.
- McLean Post-Acute Unit is highly ranked among peer not-for-profit facilities in CT. 100% of these patients gave excellent and good scores for "overall satisfaction." (April - June 2009)
- McLean Home Care is #1 among home care agencies in our service area for having the lowest rate of hospitalization for our patients, according to "Home Health Compare" outcomes at www.medicare.gov.
- We have been named a HomeCare Elite Top Agency in 2007, 2008 and 2009. We are the only agency in our service area to earn this distinction three years in a row. HomeCare Elite is an annual recognition of the most successful Medicare-certified home health care providers in the nation, ranking agencies in quality improvement and financial performance. For more information about HomeCare Elite visit www.ocshomecare.com.
- McLean Outpatient therapy clients give McLean excellent grades (100% gave perfect scores) for degree to which the service met and exceeded their expectations.
- One hundred percent of the Healthy Living clients polled think the program is meeting or exceeding their goals to be fit and to have confidence in everyday tasks.
LeadingAge Quality First
To ensure McLean continues its legacy of quality, the trustees committed to LeadingAge's (formerly AAHSA) Quality First Covenant and have made the following pledge to maximize quality of care and quality of life for older adults:
- We are committed to achieving excellence in the quality of care and services provided to consumers and to earning the public's trust.
- We believe that aging has a fulfilling purpose in life and that our society's elders have enduring value to family and community.
- We believe that not-for-profit organizations have a special role in society to provide healthy, affordable, and ethical aging services. Our objective is to provide the highest quality and most compassionate care and services to the people we serve.
- We believe that the field of aging services should adhere to applicable legal, ethical and professional standards that are based on stated values and policies in each of our organizations.
- We believe that we should strive to offer programs and services that are based on contemporary research and knowledge to meet the needs of the people we serve as well as paid and volunteer caregivers, to the best of our ability.
Long Term Care
Comments answered, What we do best; what we can improve; other comments or suggestions:
"Your staff makes the resident feel like a dear, well-loved friend. At every level, employees are upbeat and positive and seem genuinely interested in making each resident as happy and comfortable as possible. Even compared to other great facilities where I have loved ones, McLean is very special, a shining example of what a health center should and can be. I can only hope that when my time comes, I will be lucky enough to spend my final years at McLean."
"I am very pleased with everything I've seen and have no regret whatsoever moving my mother to McLean."
"The entire staff seems to recognize each resident by name and always projects a positive attitude."
Recent Comments regarding Post Acute
"Everything! My expectations were great and McLean exceeded them! Please don't tamper with perfection."
"Doctors, nurses and staff were so pleasant. I had excellent care - I have passed this onto many people."
"The staff, aides, nurses and cleaning personnel were absolutely wonderful. Knowledgeable and caring. I would like to give special thanks to the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. people; they were wonderful. Another special thanks to occupational therapy, without their help, I would have suffered clearly. I ordered a commode - I'll be forever grateful. The physcial therapy people were helpful, compassionate, funny and very well trained."
We utilize a very active monthly calendar that incorporates both the Assisted Living residents and the Day Center clients, as well as The Atwater Memory Care.
Recent Comments regarding Outpatient Rehab
"Service and results are excellent. I am here in Florida playing tennis and swimming without any problems."
"Your service is excellent. The therapists watch carefully and explain what to do to improve."
"Eric was my PT and he did an excellent job. I am 100% pain free from my knee replacement surgery. This was my third time at McLean for PT and I am totally satisfied with my results and the care I received."
Wellness Annual Survey: Fifty-four out of 103 surveys were returned which is 52% and is statistically significant. As can be seen by the comparative findings, overall satisfaction has either been maintained or improved.
"Instructors are good, the time offered works out great."
"Would like exercises for open sessions and periodic assessments for pool" (Note: both of these items are being actively addressed this current quarter)
"Social aspect - so rewarding."
Home Care & Hospice
Recent Comments regarding Home Care
"I was very satisfied with the care. The nurses were very professional, pleasant and friendly."
"The nurse was very helpful and helped me to a good recovery...and my physical therapist helped me get stronger every day. Thank you."
Recent Comments regarding Hospice
"A sincere thank you for all the support and prayers during my mother's final days. You brought a sense of comfort and peace of mind in a very difficult time. Your sense of compassion in a comprehensive approach will be forever appreciated."
"Wonderfully professional and compassionate people -- both staff and volunteers! I am so grateful that I found you! I truly believe that you helped me achieve the goal of a painless and peaceful death for my mother. I tell everyone about the huge difference you made in my life"