Breathe Easy Program
McLean Comprehensive COPD Program
If you have COPD, McLean wants to help you to be your best and live where and how you wish. The new McLean COPD Breathe Easy Program includes the multidisciplinary expertise of McLean’s own registered nurses, occupational and physical therapists.
Our experts will assess your needs to help you:
- Understand what COPD is
- Strengthen your endurance, posture and balance
- Conserve energy and pace yourself
- Learn techniques to clear your airways
- Identify nourishing foods for optimal health
- Prevent serious illness by knowing what symptoms to report and when
- Communicate effectively with your doctors
- Establish a long term “Breathe Easy” plan that fits your lifestyle
- Use your oxygen equipment effectively and safely
- Cope with COPD-related social and emotional stresses
Who can enroll?
Adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
When to enroll?
As soon as you learn you have a chronic lung condition, when your breathing worsens at home, or after a hospital stay for lung complications.
View our COPD Videos:
The McLean Breathe Easy Program is offered in four ways:
- McLean Post-Acute Center—after a hospital stay if you need intensive nursing and physical and occupational therapy to stabilize your breathing and manage better
- McLean Home Care—a team of nurses, occupational and physical therapists will come to your home to help you learn to manage your COPD
- McLean’s Outpatient Rehab Center—work with occupational and physical therapy to help you learn to manage your COPD
- or at home with the McLean Hospice Team only if the patient is in the advanced stages of COPD and chooses to live well with comfort care.
Who pays for the program? Payment may vary from insurance to private pay arrangements, depending upon each person’s individual circumstance. We can help you look into insurance coverage depending upon your needs and your physician’s orders.