Long Term Care
5/21/12 Medicare Releases Latest Quality Ratings – McLean the Only 5 Star Nursing Home in the Farmington Valley
7/24/12 McLean achieved 5 Stars, again this quarter, and is pleased another valley skilled facilities, Meadowbrook, has joined us earning this high ranking.
4/1/13 McLean continues to acheive a 5 star rating.
McLean staff work hard each and every day to provide excellent person-centered care for all of our nursing home residents and those who are patients for a short time while rehabilitating in our Post Acute Center. The ranking of 5 stars for overall quality is a testament to this care and the dedication of the leadership to continuous quality improvement.
Over the years, we have achieved high ratings in the Medicare Compare system, and we are in the top 10% of facilities in the nation for patient and family satisfaction. At McLean, your family can take comfort in knowing you will be treated with exceptional respect, care and compassion and you will receive individualized care that evolves as your needs change.
McLean provides customized care for those individuals who have been diagnosed with memory loss related to Alzheimer's disease or other dementia who also require medically complex care.
What sets us apart?
- Families and residents are involved with care planning soon after admission
- Free parking/open 24 hours a day for visitation
- Pet therapy
- Many varied recreational therapy activities, including many with flowers – McLean's greenhouse is a destination and a point of distinction
- Board Certified Geriatric Physician on staff
- Unusual longevity with nursing staff - people enjoy working here
- Many of our staff have special training as geriatricians
- Fresh Choices Program
- McLean is in the top 10 percent of facilities in the nation for patient satisfaction.